Weather: Trials and tribulations

Mercy4lovGod
Whether the storm lingers or transcends, know that God will always remain. Everyone needs a little faith in his or her life. They yearn for someone to encourage them and tell that they can break through and succeed in life. But how would anyone know about the many struggles that they might be going through unless they have experienced themselves? I suspect this is where God wants me to step in.
My grandmother has always said, ‘“In our lives there is bound to come some pain, surely as there are storms and falling rain; just believe that the one who holds the storms will bring the sun.”’ Life brings about compassion and riches, but more than that we are all subjects to the storms. For those who think that nothing will ever happen to them, it is time to open your eyes and see the world and all of its tornados, though some may occur more frequently than others.
My tropical storms began before I was born. My mother was going into labor on the moonless night of May 5, 1997. Doctors swarmed into the operating room with my mom terrified and wailing in pain. “ONE…TWO…THREE…PUSH!” The doctor ordered furiously. As my mom pushed and exhaled, the doctors could not have possibly imagined the terrors that were yet to come. When they were on what they thought was the final push, the doctor let out a gasp. My mother’s umbilical cord was wrapped several times around my neck. If my mom would have pushed one last time, I would have died. The doctor was forced to push me back into my mother’s womb. By the grace of God, my mother said that she felt me turning myself into the direction of which I was free from the strangle hold. From that day forward my family has always called me Mercy, because God held his hand out and had mercy on me so I could live my life the way he wanted.
Seventeen years have gone by since this miracle and now tsunamis were rolling in. In January of 2014, my family and I discovered that my father was diagnosed with cancer. It broke my heart even more knowing that my older brother, who was only 23, died of cancer only a few years back. Within this past year, rain clouds have formed many days leaving behind the smell of old pines and molded grass. My father grows angrier and angrier each passing day, with the thoughts of leaving his beloved family behind to face the world alone. I often catch myself thinking about the many achievements that he will never get to see, like when I grasp my diploma in my right hand.
These are not even half of my trials and hurricanes, but they are just the Lord’s way of making a person stronger. For after the storm comes a rainbow, and God has a plan for all.