STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Weather: Trials and tribulations

Mercy4lovGod
Whether the storm lingers or transcends, know that God will always remain. Everyone needs a little faith in his or her life. They yearn for someone to encourage them and tell that they can break through and succeed in life. But how would anyone know about the many struggles that they might be going through unless they have experienced themselves? I suspect this is where God wants me to step in.
My grandmother has always said, ‘“In our lives there is bound to come some pain, surely as there are storms and falling rain; just believe that the one who holds the storms will bring the sun.”’ Life brings about compassion and riches, but more than that we are all subjects to the storms. For those who think that nothing will ever happen to them, it is time to open your eyes and see the world and all of its tornados, though some may occur more frequently than others.
My tropical storms began before I was born. My mother was going into labor on the moonless night of May 5, 1997. Doctors swarmed into the operating room with my mom terrified and wailing in pain. “ONE…TWO…THREE…PUSH!” The doctor ordered furiously. As my mom pushed and exhaled, the doctors could not have possibly imagined the terrors that were yet to come. When they were on what they thought was the final push, the doctor let out a gasp. My mother’s umbilical cord was wrapped several times around my neck. If my mom would have pushed one last time, I would have died. The doctor was forced to push me back into my mother’s womb. By the grace of God, my mother said that she felt me turning myself into the direction of which I was free from the strangle hold. From that day forward my family has always called me Mercy, because God held his hand out and had mercy on me so I could live my life the way he wanted.
Seventeen years have gone by since this miracle and now tsunamis were rolling in. In January of 2014, my family and I discovered that my father was diagnosed with cancer. It broke my heart even more knowing that my older brother, who was only 23, died of cancer only a few years back. Within this past year, rain clouds have formed many days leaving behind the smell of old pines and molded grass. My father grows angrier and angrier each passing day, with the thoughts of leaving his beloved family behind to face the world alone. I often catch myself thinking about the many achievements that he will never get to see, like when I grasp my diploma in my right hand.
These are not even half of my trials and hurricanes, but they are just the Lord’s way of making a person stronger. For after the storm comes a rainbow, and God has a plan for all.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy