Weather: Harshing My Vibe

amymaa
In the Midwest, weather can be severe. Winter is harsh and punishing, but the Sun beaming on fresh snow is breathtaking. Spring is muggy and gloomy, but the buds and rainbows remind me of an optimistic fun filled summer. Following the budding flowers come the brutal heat and sunburn, but the water is perfectly warm enough to splash around in. Then, the school sales begin, and the fluorescent lit halls open their doors for zombies, students, to walk the hall. But who doesn't love pigging out at Thanksgiving Dinner? And free candy? Yes, please!

The month I moved back to the midwest from spending a refreshing half-year in California, we had a record-breaking blizzard. Four feet of snow in one night plagued our town, but the thought of a snow day buzzed in my mind. As I slept, the thought of snow whirling and dancing through the air made its way through my dreams. In the morning, I made huge mounds of snow hills with shoveled snow from the driveway, and the snow plow had pushed all the collected snow onto my houses corner making a twenty foot mountain. I played until I couldn't feel anything, and that's how it was for three days straight. Walking on frozen lakes, sledding and making an incredibly big snowman that could crash me if it toppled filled my time despite the harsh sub-zero temperatures.