Weather: Does the Weather Change Your Mood?

brandtl17
Laken Brandt
3/25/15

During our lives, our moods can get swayed by many different things. Maybe the toaster just broke, or maybe you had a fight with a friend. Sometimes, our mood can be changed by something even smaller, the weather. I believe that the temperatures around us can affect our moods, and tolerance with others. How it looks outside from weather can also change our happiness. Sometimes, we may really be looking forward to going on a trip, or for a picnic, only to get washed out by the rain. Even the different seasons can change our outlook on things. Though it isn’t common knowledge, weather is often able to affect your mood and feelings.
The temperature has varying effects on people. Take the blistering heat for example. For some, it may make them energized and happy, On others, it may make them extremely irritable and annoyed. The cold, may do this as well, it could end up making someone really cranky. The temperature outside can also affect your tolerance with others. If you resented the cold, and were forced to sit with someone in it, it might affect how you talk to them and what you have the patience for. The temperature around us is likely to influence our disposition.
If the weather outside is frightful, your attitude may happen to reflect it. If it were cloudy outside, you may feel sad and depressed. However, if it was bright and sunny out, it would be more likely for you to be happy, as the colors are brighter and not as dull. Occasionally, plans get ruined by bad weather. It happens to everyone eventually, and it can be upsetting at times. It may have been something that you were really looking forward to for a long time, but the got shot down because of weather. Because the forecast of weather may affect your plans, it could also have an affect your mood as well.
During the winter, people with depression have a much harder time. The drab colors make life feel more dreary, making it harder for people to be able to lift their spirits up. Since all of the plants are dead outside, it can be harder to see the beauty in life. People with depression and other similar mental disorders are generally happier during the other seasons. In all of the other seasons, the colors are bright and beautiful. Whether it be the green of spring, the pink of summer, or the orange of fall, the bright colors are sure to boost your mood.
Our moods are very dependent upon our surroundings. They can be changed by the ever changing temperature outside, or the clouds in the sky. Plans may be postponed, or even changed because the weather was not well. Our attitudes are so sensitive that they may even be swayed by the seasons. The weather often plays a large role in our lives, whether we are aware of it, or not.