Weather: Overcast Obsession

sstokes101
When I woke up this morning and pulled back the curtains and up the blinds, I was in for a wonderful surprise. It had started raining hours before and was supposed to carry on for at least another day with only short stopping periods.
Since my time as a young child, I remember my favorite moments being ones with rain, thunderstorms or even snow. I would patiently wait out the perfect and overrated, sunny days with not a cloud in the sky and wamoit until the nightly news would come on with the weather report, in hopes of a thunderstorm or blizzard, showers or sprinkling, or even simply, just an overcast day making its way onto the forecast. Sometimes I would be disappointed and other times rewarded.
Whenever I tell people about my joy for usually undesirable weather, its not often that I find them sharing my passion. They politely ask me why or how this came to be a big part in my life and I politely give them an answer fit for society. But the truth is that I do not know the origin of my obsession with things from the sky. Perhaps it stems from all the great days spent with my family while we were trapped inside waiting out a downpour or snowstorm. On the other hand maybe my dream profession is to be a storm chaser and risk my life to get important data to make predictions of weather easier in the future. Or maybe, just maybe it all comes from the fact that when bad weather strikes I am forced to stay inside my house, car, or bed to wait it out and that these objects ooze familiarity and comfort. They make me feel safe.
Whatever the reason for my freakish feelings is, it can stay secret because if I knew then it might ruin it and with another day of rain to be expected, I probably shouldn't start hating it now.
Comment by schickc

hi how are you doing. this is my first time on here . can you help me out
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:09:53 PM