Weather: Cause You're Hot Then You're Cold

baileyj
Another word for weather is Mother Nature, right? Well, Katy Perry must be Mother Nature. The song "Hot and Cold" is about relationships but I think it describes the weather of this month pretty accurately. Hot, cold, sunny or snowing, the weather is as up and down as a relationship.

At the beginning of the month, in the wonderful state of Kentucky, it was snowy. One day we got five inches of snow the next we got a couple more. We missed a whole week of school and with all of the snow, what else was there to do other than ride four-wheelers, but as the snow was melting it turned to mud. So I was being pulled on a sled behind a four-wheeler and I slid off the mud into a tree and got a concussion. So maybe not a heart-ache like in the song, but I sure did get a headache.

The middle of the month was the in between phase. In between snow and sun. Rain. But with the rain the grass was starting to show a little green in the ugly brown, and the Easter flowers started growing. The gloom was worth it because a couple of rainbows made an appearance after some days of raining. And just as Katy Perry said it, the rain was just plain boring.

Now at the end of the month it's basically hot. The weather feels absolutely amazing. At the end of the school day when you get in your car it almost makes you sweat. Sweating is so wrong when the weather is right. All in all though, the weather is finally perfect for cruising with the windows down. It gets pretty chilly at night but having warm weather during the day just feels right.

Some days this month have been up and down. Like hot and cold, rainy and sunny. But it's been a great month for skiing in the snow, dancing in the rain, and having the windows down. Katy couldn't have said it better when she wrote, "Someone call the doctor / Got a case of a love bi-polar / Stuck on a roller coaster / Can't get off this ride," cause this month sure has been a roller coaster of weather. I don't think any of us here in Kentucky would have it any other way.