Weather: A bright new day

coconelly
The rain began to pour harder and harder in the cold,dark night. I slowly peeked out of the blinds to observe the commotion. It was right there in the midst of the black clouds forming in the sky a ray of blue lightning reflected my face. I hurriedly backed up and closed the blinds. "God must be angry,"I thought. "But why?;God would never produce such terrifying weather if he were happy." I stopped thinking to myself and looked through the blinds once again. The lightning had stopped for a brief moment and restarted again erupting even more causing a few cars to shake. I quickly ran away from the blinds, jumped on the couch, and pulled my blanket over my head hoping that it would end. About two hours later the outside became very quiet. I soon got up and looked to see that the lightning disappear along with the rain and the black clouds fading into the night sky. Back in the present as I sat in my mother's car during a drive I noticed the beautiful sun shone a sparkling gleam of light reflecting on my hand. I thought that God must've been happy.