Weather

cameronattisha
What is a main factor that defines our environment? An environment is the surroundings and conditions that surround an individual. This definition is open to many elements describing an environment, but one of the main components to one’s environment to me is the weather. As this part of the environment, called the climate, has an impact on our health, livelihood, and our lifestyle, I feel that the weather of a certain area can affect us in numerous ways. Weather can bring joy to our lives in some parts of the world, influencing us to go out and enjoy our surroundings, but it also has negative aspects to humanity, with hurricanes, storms, etc. I believe that it would be safe for me to make the conjecture that we all have our own personal accounts or stories regarding weather that have been memorable in our lives. We all could agree that at certain temperatures we are inclined to go outside and at others we feel more comfortable to stay indoors and relax. About four or five years ago, when I was either 11 or 12 years old, me and my family went on a trip to Florida. Being from California, I was not expecting much of a change in climate as I was accustomed to the stereotype of Florida being the getaway and relaxing state. However I seemed to have overlooked the reality of the weather in Florida and we arrived there and we, well at least I was unpleasantly surprised by the humidity there. Needless to say, the thick air full of water vapor did not make the warm temperature any less unbearable. I was definitely not used to the humidity, let alone expecting it upon my arrival. To say the least I was not mentally prepared for the Florida weather, and reflecting back on that trip I can see why I felt so lazy during that trip. I did notice while on that trip that the people near the cities and around the beach seemed to be a lot more relaxed than the people you would see at New York. The harsh New York could be one of the many reasons why we have the common stereotype of the personality of the average New Yorker, who knows? But if you were to recall on a time where you were on a trip, wether it be at a humid stay in Florida or a to a scorching cold visit to Alaska, it could very likely be the difference in weather that affects the people of that area, and that may be the reason why we love the place we live in.