Weather: The Mood Swinger

albertrodrigo3
We often wake up to the sounds of rain pouring on our rugged rooftops or even to the cock-o-doodle-doo’s of the chicken at sunrise depending on the weather. Weather is rapidly changing year after year, but most of us classify weather as a mood controller. We often know a clear sunny day as a perfect happy day and dark-cloudy-thundery days as evil or something bad. But many of us have different weathers that set our moods. Like in the novel Macbeth, Shakespeare foreshadows many characters death’s by setting the weather to a cloudy day.
Weather dictates our everyday lives and our daily plans/vacations. If it is raining, we often have to reschedule our outdoor activity plans in order to stay in and get some warmth. On the other hand, if it is sunny and hot, we tend to have this feeling of laziness or eagerness to drive to the beach to cool down in the cold salty sea. In my case, I live in San Diego. Some may know it as a city of perfect weather, but recently it has been really hot. The weather makes me become lazy because the slight movements can make you becoming sweaty. After a few high 80-degree days in a row, I look forward with excitement to hear that the weather is going to become colder. Hot days like those sometimes make me want to do a weather switch to a colder city like Boston, whom is currently experiencing record-breaking snow fall over the past month.
We often see weather as a threat to our lives when it comes to the sun rays burning our skins or the sun causing drought that are harming our crops, but I see weather as beautiful creation that makes me want to get up in the morning. Those early sunrises that I see in the horizon are my alarm clock to an early Monday morning. A lot of people including myself have weather wallpapers as their background on their phone, so every time they turn on my phone, the photograph makes the viewer happy. There are endless possibilities and things you can do to relieve the weather in San Diego. If it is hot, then take a dip in the ocean, which is less than half an hour away. To me, San Diego fulfills its nickname as the “perfect weather” city and if I had any city to live in, it would be San Diego. (413 words)