Weather: Nature's Mood Ring

kellyhurford
Your eyes shutter open to a cold and dreary morning. The rain is trickling down at a steady pace as the fog is thickening by the minute. The rustling of leaves and branches is evident and already your mood for today has been decided for you. There is no way you can bare to get up now, so your body stays in bed for 20 minutes hoping it will be night once again. Your mom then comes in screaming the bus is subject to come any minute and she is not packing your lunch. It takes every ounce of strength to drag yourself out of bed and you do a slapdash job of brushing your hair. Somehow you manage to find some “clean” clothes from the hamper that is now dispersed across your floor. As you go to turn your lights off you look back at your room and think,” I’ll have to clean up after school.”. Now all day you’re tired and cranky, for your mimicking the mood of the weather. When you raced out the door you forgot your biology project and now you have no lunch.
Your eyes shutter open to a warm and cheery morning. Birds are chirping and the sun is rising, dispersing an array of colors into the air. The world seems to be happy to eager to greet you, and already yout mood for today has been decided for you. Eager to “feel the part” you jump out of bed and spend a few extra minutes on hair and makeup. Careful to put everything back in its spot, you exit your room noticing it was cleaner than before. You fill your lunch full of fruits, vegetables and a little sweet to get you through the rest of the day. Praise from your biology teacher makes your checks rosy, for you’re project excelled all expectations. You gaze outside the window to birds chasing each other in the courtyard and know today will be great.
Weather is all around us, there is no escaping from rain nor sunshine. Like one of your best friends, once you start to spend so much time around her, your personalities start to become the same. Similarly, the weather and you are constantly together, thus if the weather is cheerful, there is s strong possibility your day have a positive annotation to it. Everyone tries their best to be positive everyday, but commonly, we all find ourselves following in the footsteps of the temperature outside.