STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Weather: Am I Just a Puppet in Mother Nature’s Game?

asialaguio
I, myself, live in northern Ohio, the place where the weather is unpredictable and the winters are the worst. Growing up, the weather never had an impact on my life besides my horrendous allergies in autumn. Except, until I was about 12 years old, I began having seasonal depression. Once, it became colder, and the warmth turned into the brisk winter I became more secluded than I already was and never had motivation to live, well, at least even less motivation than usual. It became worse and worse as the years went on and by the December of 2014, I had hit rock bottom of my depression. I had begun to self-harm even more and made more horrible decisions. I started self-harming around August of 2013.
That December I had gotten drunk for the first time and my whole side was covered in more and more cuts to the point that my friends (or who I considered friends at the time) called me, “Zebra”. I was never able to be around so many people after an extended amount of time and would have a panic attack, cry, hyperventilate, and walk home from wherever I was through the 3 feet of snow.
Soon enough in January of 2014 I was sent to a hospital for borderline personality and suicidal teens. I stayed for one night. I remember I acted happy and normal to be able to leave the next day. That was the most idiotic place ever and had no impact on my life.
This past winter I actually almost attempted suicide. The only reason I really didn’t was because my boyfriend, who lives in New York, would have no way of knowing of what happened to me.
As the winter starts to break and spring starts to show through in mid-March, I start to become more of my quirky, dorky self. In the start of spring though, I wake up sometimes feeling like I’m back at my home town in central Ohio and I just become homesick to the point where I will sit there and just cry. The feeling passes within a few hours though and I become more myself. On gloomy days outside I still become really down again. I’ll curl into a ball in the corner of my bed and sob underneath a blanket.
The weather has such an effect on my life I hate it. It’s like this thing that controls me like a stringed puppet.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy