I'm Thankful for My Family

chloe is a dog
I am thankful for my parents because they are always there to support me. They have provided me with food, shelter and a method of transportation to go everywhere I need to go. Without them, I would most definitely not be the person I am today.

My parents are central to my life. They have been responsible for feeding me, clothing me and supporting me. I am very lucky in the fact that my parents are able to provide these simple necessities for my sister and myself.

I went on a mission trip to Denver last year, and there I learned exactly how lucky I am. In Denver, we saw people that could not (or did not) provide the same support that my parents did. My parents are the driving force in my efforts to do well in what I do.

Without my parents standing behind me, I doubt I would have the academic opportunities that I have today. They are responsible for pestering me until I do things, such as my schoolwork and studying.

When I was in the sixth grade, my mom did a lot of pushing to get me tested for the IDEA program (IDEA is the gifted program at our school). Thanks to her efforts on my behalf, I was able to make IDEA and open up new educational opportunities. My parents are also responsible for my involvement in 4-H.

4-H is a youth program oriented towards people that live on farms in the country. I raise steers and sheep for 4-H, both of which my parents were the driving force in getting. Both of my parents participated in 4-H when they were children.

My mother started taking me to 4-H meetings when I was five years old. Since then, I have been dragged to the meetings, which now I am very thankful for. 4-H has taught me parliamentary procedure, how to raise animals, how to be a good leader, among other things.

Another thing my parents pushed me to do was to take piano lessons. Thanks to them, and the long nights where I was forced to practice, I eventually got good enough to get a job playing piano at our church.

Actually, my parents are also responsible for my involvement at our church. We attend the local First United Methodist Church, where I am an active member in the youth group. In fact, I currently serve on our Youth Leadership Team, where we plan activities for our youth group.

My parents are the most important thing I have in my life. My idea is probably not that original, but I wrote about what I am most thankful for. Without my parents incessant nagging and pestering, I would not be in anywhere near the place I am today.