Weather: Lonely Friend

_joshua_x
Nature seemed to be going the way I expected to be in this month of March. With winter going away, spring rain and sun melting all the snow and ice, birds chirping and leaves blooming. Air so delicate like a butterfly's orange wings. With warm breezes going through my hair and the birds soaring through the skies comfortably. Drip, drip, drip, drip. Icicles melting from the store signs above me. For the skies above me are clear blue and the ground below me is clear concrete with no piles of slush. The warmth melting every kids’ heart like a snowman collapsing announcing the coming of spring. As the days seemed to be getting warmer, with every inch of snow and ice on the streets or sidewalks melting, it brought smiles of joy and happiness to every kid I saw. Except for one kid. That one that lives across my house for about 4 years. The one whose eyes look like a cats when its begging for food. Always wearing a frown on his face and looking down. It was as if he wanted something. Lonely sitting there in front of his house. Alone like a white puffy cloud in the clear beautiful skies. Living a long way away from the others. There I was sitting in front my house too wondering why he always look depressed. For some reason he locks inside a prison not wanting to leave. Was he being harassed or bullied? What about because his parents not allowing him to do certain things that other kids do? Or is it the way he thinks about himself as well as others? It had to be for some reason. I decided to go cross the street to go talk to him. He starts to stare at me as I wait near the sidewalk for the sign to turn to the walking man. When I get there, I asked him, "What you doing here by yourself?". "Nothing much, just chillin here", he responds in a low deep voice. "Why?" I asked him. "Um,um,um because I’m too shy?" he stutters. "Why are you shy for? There is a lot of kids here to hang out with. Come lets go to park." "But what if they don’t like me?" he says. "Just be who are you and have fun. You'll be fine" I respond back. So that day I came to realize that as the spring sun shines up and there are so many lonely kids out there who don’t have any friends to be with, because of their lack of confidence in themselves and always thinking about what others think of himself, its time to march forward to being positive and be their friend. Maybe you'll inspire them to become greater at who they are instead of being like a rock that everyone just passes by. You’ll be the rain that cleans all the dirt of the grass and make it clearer. Just like I did with my cousin, David.