STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Weather: Early That Morning

star10grade
It was an early breezy morning. I was barely awake, maybe even dreaming. My father rolled over in the bed with his eyes and ears wide open. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! BOOM! BOOM!
My dad got everyone up in a panic. I couldn’t completely understand what was going on. I was only old enough to get up and pour a sloppy bowl of cereal, and turn on the TV on the blissful spring mornings. While my mom was grabbing the irreplaceable necessities, we made our way out the house as quick as possible. But boy when we got in the hallway, did things get a little bit realer. The smoky stairway was not a pretty sight at all. You could hear how desperately the super was trying to alert everyone in the building as he ran up and down the stairs banging on doors. Once we stepped out the front door the breath of fresh air was wonderful.
The smoke filled the bright blue sky, but the tainted O2 was indeed a relief. As the fire trucks approached their loud blares filled the air. I couldn’t believe how such a delightful day turned so horrible before it even started. It was only until then that I realized that it was our next door neighbor, whose’ apartment was ablaze. The brave fire fighters began to put out the fire, and did so in a matter of minutes. It was kind of scary as many people began to assemble and take in the atrocity. I began to wonder what would’ve happened if that good man hadn’t worried about the lives of others. As this outlandish movie scene played out in my mind, the tenant of the blazing apartment was walking down the block. She was in shock as she took in what couldn’t possibly be real. As the firefighters and police finished up their jobs we made our back inside. As we walked back into the house nothing changed, but yet everything felt different.
My beautiful spring morning which was so abruptly commenced was one that I would surely remember.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy