Weather: Dragons in the Rain

Alibaba

Our orders came from the Queen herself, chosen for our success in defeating the feared dragons. Our Special Forces unit knew how dangerous this mission was because this dragon’s lair was at the base of an active volcano, and we had to travel on foot. Our skin boiled underneath our armors and our feet swelled with blisters from walking. The heat overwhelmed us as we reached Scorching Rock Path and caused most of the platoon to faint so we had to stop. We know the beast was near, so my brother who was second in command suggested that we leave the men behind and try to get to the dragon’s lair on our own.
We walked on, smelling the volcano ash in the air as we got closer to the base of the volcano. We approached the entrance of the cavern cautiously only to be greeted by a geyser which puffed piping hot steam. Sad to say my water canteen didn’t make it out of that meeting. Walking through the caverns, bones and burnt bodies littered the floor and we understood just how ferocious the monster was, but we were determined to destroy it.
Entering through a big gaping hole we saw the beast sleeping on a pile of bones that laid in between an ocean of hot piping lava and cooled floating magma rock. As if by instinct we started jumping in synch on rocks in order to reach the other side planning on slaying the dragon as it slept. Suddenly an ear splitting scream as loud as a banshee rung through the cavern, it was from a soldier who had fallen into the lava. This baffled us since we had left the men behind. This became the least of our worries as the creature awoke, facing us with blood red eyes, flapping its wings and baring its gigantic canines at us. The beast took flight, causing an almost tornado like wind speed causing my brother to lose his footing. I ran to grab him before he fell into the hot lava. The dragon charged at us, and we prepared to attack it when we heard…
“David, Quint clean of my living room and put away these toys” my mom said walking in on us. The living room was littered with toys and cushions obviously from our game of dragons. My mom continued to talk to us saying, “The rain has let up, come go grocery shopping.” We quickly rushed to the living room windows which were covered with heavy curtains and pulled them back to see that the once gloomy, rainy day was now illuminated by sunlight, rainbows in the sky and puddles on the sidewalk.