STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Weather: Dragons in the Rain

Alibaba

Our orders came from the Queen herself, chosen for our success in defeating the feared dragons. Our Special Forces unit knew how dangerous this mission was because this dragon’s lair was at the base of an active volcano, and we had to travel on foot. Our skin boiled underneath our armors and our feet swelled with blisters from walking. The heat overwhelmed us as we reached Scorching Rock Path and caused most of the platoon to faint so we had to stop. We know the beast was near, so my brother who was second in command suggested that we leave the men behind and try to get to the dragon’s lair on our own.
We walked on, smelling the volcano ash in the air as we got closer to the base of the volcano. We approached the entrance of the cavern cautiously only to be greeted by a geyser which puffed piping hot steam. Sad to say my water canteen didn’t make it out of that meeting. Walking through the caverns, bones and burnt bodies littered the floor and we understood just how ferocious the monster was, but we were determined to destroy it.
Entering through a big gaping hole we saw the beast sleeping on a pile of bones that laid in between an ocean of hot piping lava and cooled floating magma rock. As if by instinct we started jumping in synch on rocks in order to reach the other side planning on slaying the dragon as it slept. Suddenly an ear splitting scream as loud as a banshee rung through the cavern, it was from a soldier who had fallen into the lava. This baffled us since we had left the men behind. This became the least of our worries as the creature awoke, facing us with blood red eyes, flapping its wings and baring its gigantic canines at us. The beast took flight, causing an almost tornado like wind speed causing my brother to lose his footing. I ran to grab him before he fell into the hot lava. The dragon charged at us, and we prepared to attack it when we heard…
“David, Quint clean of my living room and put away these toys” my mom said walking in on us. The living room was littered with toys and cushions obviously from our game of dragons. My mom continued to talk to us saying, “The rain has let up, come go grocery shopping.” We quickly rushed to the living room windows which were covered with heavy curtains and pulled them back to see that the once gloomy, rainy day was now illuminated by sunlight, rainbows in the sky and puddles on the sidewalk.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy