Weather: And So Goes the Life of the Ohioan

mag8251
It’s October. The leaves have just begun to orange and fly on brisk winds that carry them to who-knows-where. It’s a crisp fifty degrees out. A few months ago the sun was shining and the A/C was on full blast. Now you half expect to see penguins waddling up your driveway.
You hastily grab a long-sleeve shirt and your puffy winter coat that you swore you would never need again back in sunny July. On goes the shirt and coat, along with a big, fuzzy pair of socks that you wouldn't be caught dead in at any other time of the year.
You step out of your house and for the first time in weeks, you shiver.
Now fast-forward five months or so. It’s March, and the high today is a tropical fifty degrees. You strip your winter garb and rush out into the sunshine. You swear you've never felt so alive and one with nature. You'll probably never go back inside again.
Then October comes.
And so goes the life of the Ohioan.
What’s going on? Why do I enjoy fifty degrees in March and loathe it in October?
Honestly, I have no idea. This isn't meant to be a research paper or anything like that.
After March, April rushes onto the scene, bringing its showers so May can have flowers and all that. When the first rainfall comes, you think, “Oh, okay. You can rain because you’re going to help the land ‘flourish’!”
But ten days of straight rain later you just want to punch Mother Nature right in the face. You almost want winter back. At least snow is pretty...and it gets you out of school! What has rain ever done for you besides ruin the mood?
I’m not kidding. It can be the most perfect day ever...you got plenty of sleep and woke up thinking, “World, here I am!”
Then you open up the curtains and poof! The mood is gone.
Then comes May and June. You think, “Okay, so maybe the rain wasn't all that bad.” But then July arrives and there’s a giant heat wave that comes through. You’re forced to spend an entire month of your summer inside, chilling on your couch, eating a cherry ice pop. Remember when you promised to never go inside again? Apparently there are just some promises that you can’t keep.
It just repeats and repeats and repeats and repeats...but somewhere in there you kind of get this thankful feeling...it’s that moment when you realize that without the fifty degree Octobers, there would be no colorful leaf piles to jump in, or any warm apple cider to drink. Or without the frosty Decembers there would be no sledding or chilly snow days. Or without the rainy March afternoons there would be no flowers and sunshine in May. Or without the really hot days in July, there would be no nice days anytime else.
And so goes the life of the Ohioan.