Weather: Nature's Subtle Murder Attempts

multiversal
As a child I was taught that weather was a wonderful concept. It sustains the earth and everything else that resides in it- from the colorful flora to the animals that wander about. How could anyone possibly complain about this natural occurrence that has profoundly shaped life as we know it? While weather is often glorified, the truth is that weather is a cruel destructive force of nature that is out on a homicidal rampage- especially when it starts snowing.
Every year, snow falls around the month of December- at least that was what I was accustomed to. Except it didn’t snow on the December of 2014, instead, it began snowing in the midst of January. Snow is something we all look forward to, but for me it’s a hazard. Though it is seemingly harmless, snow is a silent killer. I’ll admit that I’m not the most coordinated person on earth, I fall four to five times a day indoors. When I’m outside I tend to watch where I’m going but when there’s snow out, every step I take puts me at a fatal risk. This past month I’ve fallen and humiliated myself in every way imaginable. When there’s ice frozen over the sidewalk, falling is inevitable but I feel as if I am the target. While everyone else is unaware of the killer that lurks about, I remain alert. No matter how wary I am about the perpetrator that is prowling amongst the innocent citizens, I always fail to notice the slippery, snow covered sidewalks before it strikes. This week, I’ve survived many murder attempts. I’ve fallen backwards, forwards, and in ways that I had thought were impossible. I’ve fallen in a puddle which resulted in the annihilation of my favorite shirt. I’ve fallen in front of my fellow classmates, teachers, and the rest of the school. At this point, I don’t think they are even slightly surprised. In fact, they’re probably entertained by my misery. While, I don’t mind amusing people with my humorous conduct, I have to say that I’m tired. Why is it that I am the one who slips on the small patch of ice on the street?
Maybe it’s because nature loathes me. Maybe it’s because that’s who I am, the klutz that just happens to fall in the worst ways possible. Or maybe it’s just meant to be. I have never done anything remotely noteworthy in my fifteen years of existence, but maybe by falling I’m saving people. I might as well be an instructional guide titled, “What Not to Do.” Weather may just be another one of nature’s subtle murder attempts, but I am a survivor. I’ve survived chairs, tables, and other deadly objects. You name it, I’ve conquered it. No matter how many times I lie helpless on the floor due to some sort of object, I get back on my feet. Maybe nature’s murder attempts are lessons. No matter how many times you get knocked down, you get back up.