Weather: It Also Spoils Our Dreams...

Anna-Maya
I sat on the step tapping my feet. My sun hat was firmly on my head. My cheeks were beginning to hurt owing to the permanent smile on my face. I was going fishing with my grandfather. I had convinced myself that it would be an unforgettable day. There was a tired knock at the door. I opened it and standing before me was my hero. Grandpa smiled at me, hand in hand we made our way down to the lake. The mist loomed over the surface. The water appeared so fragile, like a sheet of glass, with one touch it would shatter. I climbed into the boat and before I knew it we were in the middle of the lake casting our lines. We sat patiently, waiting for a tug. I watched my grandpa. His eyes gave me peace and I found comfort in his presence. Suddenly, the mist was no longer majestic, it was a weight suffocating me. I closed my eyes, reassuring myself that I was safe. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't help but forbode the horror we were about to encounter. The sky grew dark and so did this nightmare. The fickle sky became my enemy and I its victim. Dark clouds began to taunt me. The skies fought. The crackling sound played with my ears. I turned around, expecting to be rescued by grandpa. I looked over and he was gone. The rain whipped the tears from my eyes. Amidst the fear pulsing through my veins and rain blinding me, I found myself falling, falling into the deep. I was being swallowed up with every wave. An icy shiver travelled up my spine, paralysing me. I abandoned the fight and let myself sink. Beneath the surface the storm couldn't hunt me. I was forced deeper and deeper, until I was gone......

...I woke up screaming, this nightmare was finally over. I ran downstairs and was relieved to find my grandfather asleep by the fire.