Weather

veronicaornelas
Living in Colorado means living in a climate that is constantly changing. One day it will be hot and sunny and the next there will be a storm. A lot of times I like to correspond the weather with life. We all have our good days and our not so great days. Some of the time weather affects the way we act or feel. I know when it’s cloudy and cold or too hot and too bright the people around me will begin to develop negative emotions. I too get the same way which is probably why I prefer spring and autumn rather than winter and summer. In the spring and autumn I always feel at peace mostly because during those seasons everything is so tranquil. There’s always a small breeze and things are growing and dying so beautifully. During those seasons it’s warm but not too warm and there are soothing rains.
Even though I hate Colorado during the summer and winter I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else during the spring and fall time. During the winter and summer things always end up going bad. In the winter there are a lot of car accidents. Two years ago on New Year’s Day my grandmother was in accident due to a drunk driver and the icy roads. During the summer it’s just as bad. There is the risk of getting a sunburn which can cause skin cancer, and everyone is all sweaty and gross. In the summer it’s too hot. Yes it can also be beautiful and there is no school but I still don’t care too much for it. During winter the perfectly untouched snow glistening and reflecting beams of light from the sun make me enjoy the season for a bit but then it gets too cold. All in all spring and autumn are the perfect combination of both.
Also, during spring and autumn I always get a sense of wanderlust. Since the weather is always perfect, I always want to go out and sit at my favorite rock that is perfectly nestled between two trees right next to a river that gently flows. Usually when I go there I use it as a thinking spot or as a quiet place to read and draw. It’s always so warm where I sit because the sun hits it so perfectly and the sound of the river is incredibly calming. If I could I would live there for all of spring and autumn. In the spring everything is so beautiful because it’s growing. Sitting at my rock I get to see the wild flowers bloom and the various animals begin to roam. It’s an incredible sight to see, all the pinks, purples, yellows, and whites of the wild flowers. In the autumn it’s beautiful because everything is dying. Death seems like such a terrible thing but during the fall the plants die peacefully. That is exactly why I prefer autumn and spring over summer and winter.