Weather (March Writing Contest)

JoshMinor
So, I live in Colorado. Well, actually, my dad is active duty and we stationed at Fort Carson in Colorado. I will say that Fort Carson sits right at the base of the mountains. And you would think that being right up at the base of the mountains that we would get significant weather. I am sorry to say this, but you would thinking wrong. Sure, we see the weather form and come over the mountain... But, we hardly get anything. Sometimes, if not most times, the weather just passes over us. And yet, at the same time, we still get some sort of weather. However, most times when we get weather is very short-lived. Except during the spring, when Colorado gets pummeled with snow between February and May, which is the only time span that we do get quite a bit of weather. We actually just pummeled with snow like a week or two ago. And it was insane. We were predicted to get about 18'-24' of snow, but we ended really getting about 12'-17'. But even when we get that much snow, we still go to school when the is up to our knees. I am sorry to say, but I do not think my school districts cares about our safety. There were car accidents left and right, yet we still went to school. A friend and I were actually talking, and one of us said, "The school district will not care about our safety when the roads are dangerously icy with snow on top of it until a bus crashes." We both agreed. It is very dangerous in Colorado to be out on the roads when the ice on the road is .25' thick. And when we move into the summer too, Colorado can actually get pummeled with dangerous thunderstorms between the end of May and at least the beginning to middle of September. Other than the spring and summer though, Colorado just does not get that much weather. Therefore, to conclude this, if I were to give some sort of advice, I would advice you not to live in Colorado if at all possible if you are expecting significant weather because it will not happen.