STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Weather: Is Ohio the only one with a bipolar climate?

kaciowens1
Weather in Ohio can be weird, it is very bipolar, as some might say. One day it can be in the 50's and sunny, the next day it can be in the 20's and snowing. I for one, am ecstatic that the weather is warming up.

Climate change I believe is true, sadly. Where I live, everyone believes in it. Our climate is crazy and is always changing. Once, a few years ago around 2007 or 2008, there was this huge windstorm this time of year. Trees were falling, shingles were flying, and you got knocked over by this huge burst of wind. The weather does affect people's moods, it affects mine greatly. When there is severe weather, I love it. I love thunderstorms and loud noises it makes me feel comfortable. During the winter seasons though, I always feel sick. Winter in Ohio lasts for what seems like forever. Summer on the other hand, I love! No school, nice weather, and best of all: Band Camp! I look forward to getting to spend 3 weeks with over 100 hours with some of my best friends getting terrible tan lines.

Although I love my friends and the extracurricular activities I am involved in, I really do want to move. My mom want's to move to Florida but my step dad always asks, "Why? They have hurricanes!" I just would like to move somewhere where it is warm most of the year.

There has not been a day (yet) where the weather has ruined a special day for me. There have been times where it almost did, but nothing ever happened. The only days weather has broken a day, is not even a special day. It's just school, and we get called snow days quite often in January and February, so thank you Mother Nature!
Rate this:
Comment by jpalumbo

OMG so true! Weather in Ohio is totally unpredictable. We only have like four months of guarantee no-snow! And I think almost everyone in Ohio has a mutual wish to live in Florida lol. Except for the bugs there:/ It's also crazy how people in Northeast Ohio are like flipping over the 40-degree weather. Hopefully we'll see more!
Great essay! :)
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2015 3:59:54 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy