Weather: The Angel and Devil

Coolkid
As I sit in my English class, I look out the window and see the mountain of snow piling up, one snowflake at a time. I turn my attention back to the teacher and find him speaking about the weather too. We’re reading a play called “Our Town” and the characters in that play, much like real humans constantly talk about the weather. The weather is an extraordinarily frustrating concept. People cannot cease to speak of it but it completely out of our hands to control. It changes instantly and can turn a bad day into a good one or vice versa.
Two years ago, it turned two, otherwise normal weeks, into a house lockdown. As the snow piled up over still un-melted snow, we prepared for what would be a catastrophic event- Hurricane Sandy. The hurricane spared us its worst blow but wiped out power in almost all of Long Island. People lost homes and snow plows were brought in from out of state to clean up the mess that the hurricane brought. The hurricane proved to us how harsh the weather’s wrath can really be.
Although, the weather isn’t always lovely, it does have some good moments. When it cooperates, it brings joy into people’s lives and allows them to do wonderful things and achieve what they couldn’t before.
The weather is the sole determiner of our every action and reaction. Without the weather, we wouldn’t know what to do and would be short of ways to start small talk with people we didn’t know. The weather is a blessing and a devil. When it shows its dark side, we can be sure that we will be unhappy. When it shows its good good side, we know our mood will be changed for the better.