Weather: On Weather, With a Teenager

kaitlin
How does rain affect you? Someone asked me that, once. I figure that most people answer, "Oh, rain makes me depressed," or, "Rain makes me sad," or something like that.
However, you look at me on a rainy day, and it's like, "what are you so happy about?" I sincerely get happier on a rainy day. Maybe that comes from living in a desert, I don't know.
Recently, it rained a lot here and most of the people I know were grousing about it. I was not. As a consequence, I was out of place like a clown at funeral. A really brightly colored clown. I don't understand why most people don't like rain, since it's so beneficial, especially in a desert. (I guess that's what we get for supporting ourselves so heavily with technology... but, whatever. Moving along...)
Other weather, too. My outfit is usually always comprised of a pair of jeans rolled halfway up my calves, and a t-shirt, even in winter. All the people at my school bundle up when it dips below sixty degrees. It's not that cold, so why? "Maybe the world will never know..."
Those two combined is even worse. If it gets a little cold because of rain, the attendance level drastically drops. And to share a story with you- once, I was helping my mom out with Academic Decathlon (I don't remember if it was a scrimmage or the regionals) and it was rainy. So "le" me and my mom, waiting for the teams to arrive, and no one comes, so we just start. Later, we learn that they (the team with the potential butt ton of scholarships resting on this one event) didn't come because it was just a little rainy.
Wait, what? Rewind: they didn't come because it was a little rainy. Complete and utter bull schtak. Why waste your futures on a little rain?
This illustrates my point on this ridiculousness. It makes me: a. confused, b. pissed off, c. grouchy, d. all of the above. If you answered, "d. all of the above," you would be correct. Moving along before I get too pissed off...
I live in Arizona (Phoenix, specifically), so I live in a geologically stable place and a meteorologically stable place, so I haven't experienced a weather disaster. The the worst I've had is a hailstorm with hailstones the size of a navel orange.
And this has been your once in never "weather with a teenager." Said teenager signing off.