Weather: Cloudy day with bitter joy

Erica fung
Weather: Cloudy day with bitter joy
Life is not just like the weather that can change anytime without your permission but also can destroy the joy of your perfect day. Most of the people may hope that every single day would be a sunny day as its brightness shine through our faces seems telling us the brand-new day comes again. We may not permit to get what we want just for our wishes. Well, weather and life are quite equally stand on the same line in my dictionary.
Cloudy days give me a mournful feeling even there is no “imaginable” accident in my day. Why? Well, obviously my day is ruined by the grey, dull and sorrowful sky. The atmosphere around me is just killing me deep down in my heart as if many people around me were mocking about my so-called good day. But I still remembered that day, and all the detail that happened that day impressed in my mind deeply as if I will never forget what I did in my entire life.
December 5th in 2012, on that sunny day morning I was excitedly looking forward to the speech contest which I prepare for almost half year. I talked to the teacher, who practiced the poem with me and spent most of his time with me because of the speech contest, about my preparation for the half year and my feeling. While the moment I was finishing the last word I said out of my mouth I noticed that the sky started to disagree my expecting feeling as if it didn’t want me to win the contest. At that moment my heart suddenly trembled to warn me everything in life is not as good as I imagine before. I prayed for a while to God about my contest and hope he will guide me throughout the contest with confidence. When I was focusing on the preparation for the contest my teacher talked to me about the winning on the contest is not as important as the process we learn from the poem. When I looked through the window, I saw the sky was completely changed upside down as same as my worry. I realized even if I prepared well, the way I felt change what I thought and felt before. Confidences seem left me with the sunshine sky and turned out I had the cloudy day.
An hour passed quicker than I thought; when I opened my eyes again I found out I was laying on the ground of my room and outside was stilling raining heavily. Seemingly, time turned back in my mind. I completely failed my teacher, his time and effort. However, he told me that it didn’t matter, what matters in our life is what we learned and got from our effort. My achievement of that day was to learn more about life. That cloudy day taught me a bitter joy about life. I grew.