Weather: Bring Rain or Sunshine

Parris Guinan
The weather is an important factor in life that can cause people’s moods to change and lead them to do more activities. The weather doesn't completely affect how my mood will be like for the rest of the day but it does somewhat change it. I become happier with the shining sun and have more energy to do activities but when it’s cold out my body doesn't want to move, I just want to warm up and do nothing at all. Of course everyone is different from me. I've seen people who become lethargic with the warm summer’s heat and others who become more energetic under the sunlight.
When spring time and summer start to roll around the corner it always seems as if there are more things to do, especially for kids in sports. People are like bears; when its winter time we don’t do much but when winter has ended and the warm season comes back everyone seems to be energetic and are itching for some action. My cousins are athletic people and love to play lots of sports so whenever the weather becomes clear and warm they are outside playing basketball or they’re throwing a ball around, remaining active as ever. As much as people love clear, sunny days, where I live I’m sure that a lot of people would agree with me that we would love to have some rain.
I live in California and for about 2 years it seems like this state is in a drought. There hasn’t been enough rain making farming difficult for the farmers here. I love the rain and pray that this drought would pass, allowing us to be pummeled with pouring rain and hearing thunder throughout the day. The sound of rain drops falling on my window has a strange effect that lulls me to sleep at night but if I hear thunder as well I get scared because I don’t like thunder. I absolutely love rain, how it gives life to plants, and the smell it leaves after a rainstorm. It gives me an emotional feeling, completely mesmerizing me. I long for the rain to come back and nurture the dry plants, bringing life back into this state. Go way sunshine and give me back my rain.