I Am Thankful for Life

BrendanTOlson
Life. It is what we do, who we are, and our imprint left on the world when we leave for whatever is next. We only get one chance (I presume) so I feel it is very appropriate to be thankful for it. Part of me thinks that is kind of ridiculous. Being thankful for something that I don’t even believe was given to me by anyone or anything besides my parents. But never the less, I am so incredibly glad to be part of this world. So much that I often find myself driving in my car, blown out of my mind that there is even anything. I always repeat to myself “Why is anything here, I mean ANYTHING!”. It makes everything so surreal. I love life and everything about it.
Have you ever said a word so many times that it doesn’t sound like a word anymore? Then you try to forget about it so it turns back into a normal word? That’s how I feel when I think about the sheer magnitude of our and my own existence. The pain, pleasure, sadness, pure joy, the rush of winning, and the agony of loss; It all adds to the experience. What is their not to be thankful for? I have known people that take life for granted. I feel it would be broad to say that all of them were unjustified in their convictions, life is a hard. But there is so much beauty in this phase of our existence that I could never have such a pessimistic attitude towards our own existence. Life is a beautiful mistake, as are many of its components, which is why it is so incredible.
My life is fantastic, from my parents, to my friends, to my teachers. Everyone has experiences to share, young and old; some more than others. They are all part of my admiration of this phenomena we call life. My parents are always there for me. I can tell my father anything, he is so incredibly intelligent, funny, and even over the top. My mother is one of the sweetest people I know, most of the time. I couldn’t ask for a harder working person to raise me. My sister is a perfect mixture of my parents, funny, caring, silly, and ridiculous! My friends make life what it is, exciting; the way they all present something new to the table. My teachers spread ideas that I have never even considered before. Expanding my mind to heights I never even could fathom. I am thankful to have this experience!
While I draw this to a close, I find even more to be thankful for; my own ability to spread ideas. I cannot wait to see what I can do for this world. This is how I shall show my thankfulness, make a mark. I hope to help the world with my own talents. I can only hope it is enough convince the world I’m thankful for everything!

The way you have presented this is great! Good luck to your future! I am sure with an attitude such as yours, it will be easy to find the positives in every aspect pf life.
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 1:22:33 AM