STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I Am Thankful for Life

BrendanTOlson
Life. It is what we do, who we are, and our imprint left on the world when we leave for whatever is next. We only get one chance (I presume) so I feel it is very appropriate to be thankful for it. Part of me thinks that is kind of ridiculous. Being thankful for something that I don’t even believe was given to me by anyone or anything besides my parents. But never the less, I am so incredibly glad to be part of this world. So much that I often find myself driving in my car, blown out of my mind that there is even anything. I always repeat to myself “Why is anything here, I mean ANYTHING!”. It makes everything so surreal. I love life and everything about it.
Have you ever said a word so many times that it doesn’t sound like a word anymore? Then you try to forget about it so it turns back into a normal word? That’s how I feel when I think about the sheer magnitude of our and my own existence. The pain, pleasure, sadness, pure joy, the rush of winning, and the agony of loss; It all adds to the experience. What is their not to be thankful for? I have known people that take life for granted. I feel it would be broad to say that all of them were unjustified in their convictions, life is a hard. But there is so much beauty in this phase of our existence that I could never have such a pessimistic attitude towards our own existence. Life is a beautiful mistake, as are many of its components, which is why it is so incredible.
My life is fantastic, from my parents, to my friends, to my teachers. Everyone has experiences to share, young and old; some more than others. They are all part of my admiration of this phenomena we call life. My parents are always there for me. I can tell my father anything, he is so incredibly intelligent, funny, and even over the top. My mother is one of the sweetest people I know, most of the time. I couldn’t ask for a harder working person to raise me. My sister is a perfect mixture of my parents, funny, caring, silly, and ridiculous! My friends make life what it is, exciting; the way they all present something new to the table. My teachers spread ideas that I have never even considered before. Expanding my mind to heights I never even could fathom. I am thankful to have this experience!
While I draw this to a close, I find even more to be thankful for; my own ability to spread ideas. I cannot wait to see what I can do for this world. This is how I shall show my thankfulness, make a mark. I hope to help the world with my own talents. I can only hope it is enough convince the world I’m thankful for everything!
Rate this:
Comment by DarkStar49

The way you have presented this is great! Good luck to your future! I am sure with an attitude such as yours, it will be easy to find the positives in every aspect pf life.
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 1:22:33 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy