STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Eleanor Roosevelt Quotation: Being different from everyone

ron0822
In the year of 2010, I applied to St. Vincent hoping that I could get in, but I didn’t. They told me that my entrance exam was low and basically called me stupid, but they didn’t say that directly. When I heard about that, which made me depressed and sad. After that, I applied to another school name St. Patrick’s, which I was accepted after the second try of getting into a new school. I was so happy that I finally got in and that made me feel accepted into a community. I know from that moment is that St. Patrick’s is where I’m going to spend my whole middle school years.
6TH grade started in the August of 2010, I didn’t know anybody from my new school. I felt like that I was an outsider and was alone. This is the second time that I have transferred to another school. It was hard for me to make new friends and to be social because at that time I was only in the United States for 2 years. I knew that I must overcome this fear and start talking to my classmates. I finally did and got to someone of them. One of the students in my class started to bully and be a jerked to me.
The bully’s name was Jimmy and on most days he would be mean to me. He made fun of how I spoke because I didn’t have an American accent and sounded different than anyone in that class. He also made fun of me because I was different and always made Filipino jokes. He would always try to challenge me to prove that he is better than me. Sometimes he would try to steal my lunch and eat it. Jimmy would randomly punch my arm or body when he got angry or when other made fun of him. Jimmy was pretty much my worst nightmare in middle school.
Every time Jimmy bullied me, I would get depressed and sad. He didn’t really care of how I felt or notice it or when to stopped bullying me. I felt like I was alone and had no friends since Jimmy bullied me a lot. I didn’t want to tell my parents about this because I didn’t want Jimmy to get in any trouble and blame me for him getting in trouble because of me. I didn’t what to do, so I knew the only way to stop Jimmy from bullying me was by confronting him.
The next Monday, I confronted Jimmy at recess and told him that he needed to stop bullying me. I told him that he have been hurting my feelings. He apologized and said sorry to me for everything that he has done to hurt me. He was just playing and messing around with me he said. We then shook hands and played basketball for the whole recess. From that on, Jimmy and I became friends and are still today.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy