Eleanor Roosevelt Quotation: Being different from everyone

ron0822
In the year of 2010, I applied to St. Vincent hoping that I could get in, but I didn’t. They told me that my entrance exam was low and basically called me stupid, but they didn’t say that directly. When I heard about that, which made me depressed and sad. After that, I applied to another school name St. Patrick’s, which I was accepted after the second try of getting into a new school. I was so happy that I finally got in and that made me feel accepted into a community. I know from that moment is that St. Patrick’s is where I’m going to spend my whole middle school years.
6TH grade started in the August of 2010, I didn’t know anybody from my new school. I felt like that I was an outsider and was alone. This is the second time that I have transferred to another school. It was hard for me to make new friends and to be social because at that time I was only in the United States for 2 years. I knew that I must overcome this fear and start talking to my classmates. I finally did and got to someone of them. One of the students in my class started to bully and be a jerked to me.
The bully’s name was Jimmy and on most days he would be mean to me. He made fun of how I spoke because I didn’t have an American accent and sounded different than anyone in that class. He also made fun of me because I was different and always made Filipino jokes. He would always try to challenge me to prove that he is better than me. Sometimes he would try to steal my lunch and eat it. Jimmy would randomly punch my arm or body when he got angry or when other made fun of him. Jimmy was pretty much my worst nightmare in middle school.
Every time Jimmy bullied me, I would get depressed and sad. He didn’t really care of how I felt or notice it or when to stopped bullying me. I felt like I was alone and had no friends since Jimmy bullied me a lot. I didn’t want to tell my parents about this because I didn’t want Jimmy to get in any trouble and blame me for him getting in trouble because of me. I didn’t what to do, so I knew the only way to stop Jimmy from bullying me was by confronting him.
The next Monday, I confronted Jimmy at recess and told him that he needed to stop bullying me. I told him that he have been hurting my feelings. He apologized and said sorry to me for everything that he has done to hurt me. He was just playing and messing around with me he said. We then shook hands and played basketball for the whole recess. From that on, Jimmy and I became friends and are still today.