I am Thankful for My Friends

starsinthenightsky
Sometimes, I almost wonder if it was meant to be.
Was I destined to leave my home, to move to a small rural town just north of San Francisco? Was I destined to meet these people?
From day one, I knew Rachel was weird. But in a good way. Maybe eccentric was the right word. She was one of those people where you can just tell.
What I did not expect was to connect with her immediately. After being best friends for a year and a half, we know everything about each other. We love each other as sisters and i can't imagine what it would be like had I not met her.
For most of my life, I have taken friends for granted. But recently, I've been realizing that your hold on friends is tenuous. As nice as it would be to have the same friends your whole life, that is not the way it works. People change, and so do friendshis. So is it not better to savor what you have while you have it?
I have been going through an emotional time recently. My friends have carried me through.
So I say to them: I am, and will always be, grateful for you.