Unsung Hero: My teachers

Tanisha
A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. - Christopher Reeve

My unsung hero would be my teachers. Education is a very important part of our lives. When we go to school, we are carried from our parents to a teacher. Teachers are a big part of education. A positive approach on a teacher is very important to a child's mental development. They have helped us to learn and take new challenges. Without the help of my teachers, I wouldn't be as knowledgeable.

Teachers have a lot of qualities. They are smart, fun, amazing, lovely and caring human beings. Teachers should be passionate about their job. If they are not showing any interest to the subject, the kids will also space out. A teacher should bring up to date information into the classroom. They shouldn't just use the textbook but use other resources as well to teach the information. The teacher should be positive. With a positive mindset, he or she can overcome many obstacles. A teacher should have command over a subject. When they don't know the subject, how are they supposed to teach it to others? Teachers smile even after a long, tiring day. Teachers rock because they don't do it for the money, but for the kids and their future, it is their ideology. After all, we are their next generation. They can make the toughest topic seem like it was the easiest. And finally a teacher is determined. They will go above and beyond to get to a child's success.

Teachers love us so much, they would die for you. Read this story of a school shooting in the United States. It was a regular morning in Sandy Hook Elementary school in Connecticut. Everyone was peacefully doing work in their own little classrooms. The principal heard a pop pop pop and went in the hallway to see what it was. As she was out in the hallway, she got shot. Mary-rose was a music teacher at the school. With her quick thinking, she saved many lives. She decided to shove her kids in the closet. When the shooter came, she told him they were somewhere else. He shot Mary-rose and then moved on. The shooter was Adam Lanza and he had shot 26 people, 20 of them were children. Mary-rose loved her kids so much, she died trying to save them. A teacher truly does care for you even if you may not know it. Teachers will be on your side the whole way through your student life.

Teachers are very important in education. A teacher is looked with respect and is a great social and moral role model to all children. They are trusted to teach their next generation. We depend on them to shape us. Teachers are heroes to the student's world!!!