A Million Thank You's Would Never Suffice

molmolk
What I am most thankful for is what I believe a lot of people take advantage of. My family, my mom and stepdad, my mom's parents and her sister's family, have always been there for me. They make a point to support everything I do. They come to performances, art shows, read essays, look at pictures, and hear endless stories, never once acting bored or put out. The smallest accomplishment is made to seem like something extraordinary when seen through their eyes. I have strained relations with my biological father and his family, and as a result of this, my mom's family did their best to make me feel as though I wasn't missing out on anything. My grandparents make an effort to always be there for me, even when i'm 8,000 miles away in another country. My aunt makes sure I know that I always have someone to talk to. My sister and cousins are always there to make me laugh. It's more than I could ever ask for and I'm not sure I could ever fully put into words just how thankful I am for everything they've taught me. There was never an event in my life that went uncelebrated. There was never an accomplishment that was not praised. Everything else that I have, materialistic and spiritual, is a direct result of my family's support and love. I'm a better person because of them, I'm a stronger person because of them, and I am where I am because of them.
I'm not sure if I would have been able to get through the trials of my life had they not been there every step of the way to comfort and support me. Without my family, there really isn't anything meaningful in my life. There isn't anything I can do to repay everything they've done for me. But I can write about it, and hopefully have other people see all the good they've done.