Unsung Heroes: Amazing Janitors

jacobf
When I was thinking about what to write for the theme of Unsung Heroes, I thought it might be a good idea to write about Janitors. They don’t get as much thanks as Police Officers, Firemen, Search and Rescue Officers and well, you get the idea.
Janitors are sort of like super heroes who clean up filth that threatens jobs. For example, if schools became really filthy, the government might have to shut them down because they would get too unsanitary for children to keep on going there. Then where would they go to learn? Lots of people don’t really know this but by cleaning and taking out the garbage they are actually helping us keep our jobs. Unfortunately, many people fail to realize just how good Janitors are at what they do.
One of the things that Janitors do well is to take out the garbage. This might seem funny to some of you, but if the garbage wasn’t getting taken out and there was a riot going on in the school, between small groups of children, the trash could end up all over the floor, messing up all the clean floors and offices. If there weren’t any Janitors to clean up the garbage or at least take it out, small fruit flies would get in and this would cause a nuisance to the teachers.
Now when it comes to offices, there are different problems that would be caused if Janitors weren’t there to clean up. For example, if the offices in a work place weren’t all spic and span or neat and tidy, office people would have a hard time finding their files, work papers or taxes. They would fall behind in a whole day of work, trying to find their work for the day. Thanks to Janitors, offices are able to stay neat, the people working are able to keep their jobs to earn money for food, and their clothes stay nice and clean without worrying about getting ickey gooey garbage on them.
There is one thing that Janitors have in common no matter where they work. They are very helpful to the people who work in the same building. Another example is that they fix plugged up drains, toilets or pipes in the sink.
Janitors are awesome people. In fact, they are helping us do extra work that we don’t have time for. Of course there are consequences for each job. When it comes to being a Janitor, it is getting your clothes messy while keeping the place clean. If Janitors were only thanked more often like the other heroes we have out there, then Janitors would be very happy, we would be happy and they would become the Unsung Heroes that lots of people don’t think about.