Unsung Hero: The Super Chef

LiuhiiS
Unsung hero is a person who makes a substantive yet unrecognized contribution and someone whose bravery is unknown or unacknowledged.
When I was young, around fourteens years ago I was shocked about the act of terrorism at the Twins towers in New York. Watching TV I heard about Benjamin Clark.
He was an ordinary man with a simple life like any other people. He was neither a cop nor a fireman, and he was just a chef that saved hundreds of lives in the south tower.
On Tuesday September 11 2001, Benjamin Clark was preparing meals for the people at the fiduciary trust company like every day, when suddenly a plane hit the building and the evacuation started. Benjamin made sure everyone in his department at the 96th floor in the south tower was safely exiting the building while he was trying to leave the building after everyone else, he paused at the 78th floor to assist an old woman in a wheelchair. This is the last time that he was seen. He died helping others escape. A family man at the age of 39, the super chef had his life stolen from him because an act of terrorism. As his mother, Elise Clark said, he was a Marine so you know that he wasn’t going to leave anybody behind. He could have escaped, everyone else did, but he made sure everyone was exiting the building.
He is a hero because he is courageous and brave putting in danger his own life to save others people’s lives. He is an unsung hero because he is a man who transformed his compassion into heroic action. In doing so, he put his best self forward in service to humanity.
Benjamin Clark was not only a chef, he was an awesome husband and first of all father of five children. He is also my example of life because what he did made me realize that you don’t have to be a cop, a fireman or superman to save people’s lives, you just need to have a heart full of love for the others. In my own life, I think that I don’t have what it takes to be like Benjamin, not because I don’t want it but because I don’t have his altruism. If I were in a similar situation, I think I would have escaped and gone home to my family. But for Benjamin, everyone was his family, and he saw a great number of people in need.
Today, we need a person like Benjamin who is even willing to make this kind of commitment and hold ourselves accountable for fulfilling it for others, for organizations, and issue we all care about. I hope that as I mature in life, I will develop the sense of responsibility, care and bravery for others as my unsung hero.
Benjamin Clark was a marine, a chef but above all, a HERO.