Unsung Hero: Super Nanny

thelewissimpson
The morning call from the monster awakened me, as it had every single day for the preceding ten years of my life. It was yet another day in the life of the Simpson household, or at least so I thought. This woman was unlike any other nanny that I had ever had, there was something distinct about her, something that I didn’t quite like, and, in a sense, she was scary. During my young ages, I didn’t quite understand what Tracy was doing for me, she just seemed to be the person who punished me. But now that I look back, I truly miss her, and I now fully understand that she did so much for me. She has shaped me into the man that I am today, and she is my unsung hero.
Tracy Robinson started looking after me when I left nursery at the age of three: she had worked there and when my parents saw how well we got along, they asked her to work for us privately. What I didn’t know is that things changed, she was no longer a friend but a foe, or at least that’s how I saw it as a little child. She would wake me up in the morning then make me shower, brush my teeth, eat my breakfast and then take me too school. To me, this was torture, but now I understand she was just trying to help me. She picked me up from school and often embarrassed me in front of my peers. But that was just her personality; she’s a very fun and joyful person. I have never seen her unhappy, she always has a smile on her face, and it’s the biggest smile I’ve ever seen. After this, she would take me home and cook me dinner and look after me until my parents got home from work. This routine was my life for almost a year. But then it was born. My brother Cameron ruined my life, which I already thought was terrible. He took all of the attention away from me, and I became bored which lead me to becoming even more troublesome. It was now that the true beast inside Tracy came alive, and our rivalry began. As a child she scared me just as much as the monsters in the stories my father would tell me. It became an everyday thing: I would misbehave, Tracy would tell me off, I would argue and my father would shout me at when he got home. But even though every single day I made Tracy’s life harder, she still loved me and cared for me, and was almost like a mother to me. She shaped me into the man I am today, and honestly, I’ve never thanked her for what she did for me, which I truly regret. One day I hope to see her again, and I will truly thank her and show her how much she has made an impact on my life.