STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Unsung Hero: My Brother’s Serving Heart

Markkatt
Unsung Hero: My Brother’s Serving Heart
A Unsung Hero is defined as a “Person who makes a substantive yet unrecognized contribution; a person whose bravery is unknown or unacknowledged” (Dictionary). My brother, is my hero due to the fact that he has a caring heart and it is filled with the love of Christ. He extraneously loves people to the striving to love them as God does. He is a imitator of the Lord and that is shown through his actions and through the way he protects me. Troy is constantly looking out for me has encouraging me. Even thought he is away at college he still calls and texts me everyday to check in and encourage me.
He never fails to imitate God no matter what the situation is, and though people are far from perfect, Troy demonstrates a loving serving heart. Nowadays as a young adult it is hard to outwardly show Christ’s love without being judged or excluded. Troy, however, is courageous and that is one of the many reasons I consider him my hero.
Troy over the summer of 2014 took the time to intern at Christ Fellowship. Many “kids” struggle with selfishness and pride. Troy decided to separate his earthly desires and go after what he saw God calling him to do; he took time away from friends and decided to work for the Lord. Troy always knew he wanted to help others find the same relationship he has with Christ, so while at Christ Fellowship he worked in discipleship. He was trained on how to bring others close to the Lord and was trained in different tactics of evangelism. The fact that someone would push all their selfish desires and plans to the side because they felt like God was pulling them to work for Him is so encouraging. Being a hero to me does not always have to be someone that is saving a life that is physically dying but is also one that saves a life from dying spiritually. Saving a life by bringing them to the Lord and showing God’s love, even to the point where they change their life around is a true hero to me.
Everyone has a different outlook on what a hero is. My brother is my hero due to his heart that he has after Christ and how he is not afraid to show God’s love. Though he is not much older, when I “grow up” I want to be just like Troy and maybe someday be someone else’s hero.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy