Unsung Hero: My Brother’s Serving Heart

Markkatt
Unsung Hero: My Brother’s Serving Heart
A Unsung Hero is defined as a “Person who makes a substantive yet unrecognized contribution; a person whose bravery is unknown or unacknowledged” (Dictionary). My brother, is my hero due to the fact that he has a caring heart and it is filled with the love of Christ. He extraneously loves people to the striving to love them as God does. He is a imitator of the Lord and that is shown through his actions and through the way he protects me. Troy is constantly looking out for me has encouraging me. Even thought he is away at college he still calls and texts me everyday to check in and encourage me.
He never fails to imitate God no matter what the situation is, and though people are far from perfect, Troy demonstrates a loving serving heart. Nowadays as a young adult it is hard to outwardly show Christ’s love without being judged or excluded. Troy, however, is courageous and that is one of the many reasons I consider him my hero.
Troy over the summer of 2014 took the time to intern at Christ Fellowship. Many “kids” struggle with selfishness and pride. Troy decided to separate his earthly desires and go after what he saw God calling him to do; he took time away from friends and decided to work for the Lord. Troy always knew he wanted to help others find the same relationship he has with Christ, so while at Christ Fellowship he worked in discipleship. He was trained on how to bring others close to the Lord and was trained in different tactics of evangelism. The fact that someone would push all their selfish desires and plans to the side because they felt like God was pulling them to work for Him is so encouraging. Being a hero to me does not always have to be someone that is saving a life that is physically dying but is also one that saves a life from dying spiritually. Saving a life by bringing them to the Lord and showing God’s love, even to the point where they change their life around is a true hero to me.
Everyone has a different outlook on what a hero is. My brother is my hero due to his heart that he has after Christ and how he is not afraid to show God’s love. Though he is not much older, when I “grow up” I want to be just like Troy and maybe someday be someone else’s hero.