Unsung Hero: Her Inspiring Beauty

Sam Hayden-Kaplan

She can be found all over the world, glowing like a bolt of lightning for everyone to see. She holds riches from the highest peaks to the lowest trenches, inviting all from far and wide. All the colors of the rainbow can be found throughout her greatness and deep within her vastness. God created her perfectly, and perfect she will remain, capturing all of humanity’s attention and constantly inspiring me and many others for the future. She is nature.
Nature is the most overlooked example of inspiration. Its beauty can be overwhelming and its wonder is unfathomable. But for me, the outdoors is a part of life. It is my escape, like other people as well. I long for any chance to be captivated by the beauty that is secretive to those who are unfamiliar, yet so familiar to those who go and seek out natures wonders.
My life, this world, is corrupted. The best medication for the illness of the world and fatigue of life is spending time in nature. When I get stressed I return to the woods, it is a safe haven to me. The outdoors drowns out the stresses of my life better than any therapist can do. The land also provides for me, the water, the plentiful food that grows from the ground and that walks on four legs.
There is nothing more peaceful than waking up before the dawn and watching the woods come alive. Sitting in the still, crisp air, far from the morning rush of honking horns and flashing lights. The only sounds are the first bit of chatter between the birds awakening from the long night. The sight of fog rolling low along the ground then the first rays of sun piece through the trees and ring in the new morning in paradise.
It is this beauty, this sense of security, and peacefulness that inspires me to look to the future and press on in life. My need to be in the wilderness fuels my soul to push through the day-to day struggle so that I may be in the place that calls to me once again. Nature is my unsung hero, as it is for many other people. However, the great outdoors receives no glory. So I reward nature for its heroic deeds for giving me inspiration and hope for the future.