What I'm Thankful For

sydneydav555
At this time of the year everyone begins to think of all that they are thankful for and I can’t help but think of what I am thankful for. There are so many things in my life for me to be thankful for, I am thankful that I go to a good school, that I have loyal friends, that I have great teachers, and that I have a mother who loves me but one of the things that I am most thankful for is that I live in a house of my own. I know that is usually a thing that most teens my age take for granted, but I don’t, and the reason of this being is that I didn’t always have one.
Yes I have always had a place to live but for a few years in my life I didn’t have a house to call my own. For most of my life my mother had always rented houses, until one year when I was in 5th grade she decided to get remarried and buy a house. I was so excited, finally I place were I could hang pictures and paint the walls, but I never did get around to painting the walls. Shortly after moving into the new house my mother got a divorce from her new husband and shortly after that our house was for foreclosed and I was sent to live with my dad in Texas. When my dad got sent to jail I was sent back to Georgia to live with my mom again, at the time being my mom was living with a friend so we had to move out of their and go to live with my grandmother. We stayed with my grandmother for almost a year and then went to live in apartment complex where we stayed for 2 years. Just recently I have moved to my new home I nice three bedroom house, that I love very much.