Unsung Heroes: A Man's Best Friend

JessicaEaton97
An unsung hero does not have to be some spectacular person or thing. They can be unknown and not acknowledged in life. The unsung hero is someone or something that can drastically changing someone’s life without being known. I think a man’s best friend is a great example of what an unsung hero can be. My dog, even though she may be little, is my best friend. She is never mad at me and always comes to the door when I come home. She sits next to me when I tie my shoes, make her food, and when I am making my food. She comes on the boat with me and enjoys every minute of it. She also is like a doorbell, letting me know who’s at the door. I don’t really notice it but my dog Maggie has been an unsung hero to me. Dogs may be ignored or pushed away but they can save lives, help disabled kids, and be loyal to their owner.
We may not think of dogs as heroes but, they are here for us and are truly man’s best friend. People think that a dog is just there to bring happiness, but dogs are much more than that. Dogs know when something is wrong, they can protect their rightful owner and give them comfort. Not only can they help give comfort but they can give hope to someone who has a disability. Dogs also show unconditional love that can brighten up anyone’s day. When I see a blind person, they are most likely with another person or a dog. A dog is what guides the person daily and helps them with tasks. Dogs can also show bravery when put into near death situations. Some rescue dogs showed true determination in the 9/11 incident. They were working nonstop trying to find people in the rubble alongside their handlers who helped find people. Without dogs searching, it would be nearly impossible to dig through all the rubble with just people.
Rescue dogs have been used for years and they have been helping find people in hurricanes, earthquakes, and in the police force. The highly trained dogs are very dedicated and all they want to do is help. These dogs are what give people hope and life in disasters. Dogs that help kids with autism is another way they can be an unsung hero to a child or adult. With a dog by their side they can be themselves and have someone always there for them. They can help them with daily tasks and create a bond between the two. The military even has dogs to detect bombs. These dogs have saved many lives and have helped soldiers alongside in battle.