Unsung Hero

courtneykirkwood
When trying to think of an unsung hero, normally parents or friends are thought upon. That makes perfect sense; parents and friends can be heroic at times. Most people would write about that, however, I am not like most people.
At times when you feel as if you are drowning, there is only one person who is the hero; you. It is difficult to see yourself as being a hero, but when you are down and feel lost, you are the one who picks yourself back up. You take care of yourself.
I feel as if I am my own hero because even through every difficult experience in my life, I am still here. There have been times when life has brought me down but I saved myself by fighting for happiness.
You are your own hero. You don't need a cape or superpowers. Motivation and hope are stronger than any of the stereotypical hero qualities.