Unsung Hero: An Unsung Hero Exists in Everyone

rlsav
When I walk down through the halls of my high school and pick up trash on the floor to throw it away in a trash can, or stand up for someone who is being bullied, I am an unsung hero. I show my bravery, even if no one notices it but the few that witness it. Why do I choose to be an unsung hero? Because of the people that have showed me how to be an unsung hero, especially my dear mom.
My mom raised me and my two siblings by herself. It's astonishing to look back at my childhood and realize how my mom was able work and be there for us at school events. She taught my siblings and I to be independent and to stand for what we believe in. She showed me that everyone has the ability to stand up for something or someone. We were told to help others when they needed it and to show who we are by making an attempt in everything we do.
When I think about an unsung hero, I think about the individuals that support others, and the ones that support their community, or even our nation. These are the unsung heroes. They aren't ones that talk about how they have made a difference: instead, they are the ones that use their actions to quietly make a change. They reveal who they are every day, by helping others instead of helping themselves.
Teachers, parents, and soldiers are all examples of types of people that are known to be unsung heroes. But everyone, even janitors, pilots, waitresses, and classmates can be unsung heroes. Influencing just one person is all it takes to show you are an unsung hero. You don't have to be born as an unsung hero, everyone can be an unsung hero. All it takes is a little courage.