Unsung Hero: The Healing of a Tattered Heart

moriiahh
Heroes are popularly known as a life saving unidentified person. They wear capes, masks, and underwear over tights and have incredible unnatural superpowers, but that's fiction. In real life there are an infinite amount of heroes surrounding us.
My hero doesn't even know he saved me. His name is Lamont Kelly and he is my boyfriend. Before he became a part of my world, I was in an incredibly deep depression. I would wake up every morning with the mind set of negativity. I lost all the care in my heart and it sort of became an empty shell. I no longer saw the beauty of the world, I no longer felt the emotion of happiness or even satisfaction, the only feeling I knew was crippling my body, mind, and soul.
Then on November 11, 2015, I met him. Lamont was so bold, out-going, and charismatic. He could make me smile so easily and it made me forget about the damaged heart I had. It was something so beautiful to me. I knew I had to have him in my life cause he was the hope I need, he could fix me and even make me a better person. Without even noticing it I started to regain myself back and I had missed her so much.
We are currently still together and I can't see myself letting go of him. I love him and I know you may think I'm too young to feel this way, but how can I not love someone who saved me from the drowning of depression. He healed my heart and it may still have scars but I don't mind because those are just reminders of where I came from and how far I've come along.
. My hero is an amazing person who ,without even knowing, gave me a light at the end of the tunnel and helped me find my way back to the original me. I am forever grateful for him.