Unsung Hero: In Plain Sight

Sean424
The eternal search for self-worth is at the core of every human being. People want to know that they are valuable, that their life matters and perhaps that they may make a difference in the world. For it is with this knowledge that allows a shy, timid individual to blossom into a confident person who is ready to change the world. It is for this reason that the most influential Unsung Hero is the one who encourages and gives confidence to people who simply need to believe.
The task he faces is not easy; many people are hostile toward anyone who tries to give aid because they feel like the person is claiming he is better than them. The Unsung Hero knows this task will require patience and grace, and it is something he is willing to give because he bears a love for that individual which is not easily shaken. But what makes the Hero often unnoticeable is that he rarely operates in a direct way. His acts of kindness are small: a greeting in the hallway, taking interest in the lives of others or even simply a smile. The power of these actions lies in his ability to allow people to see their value and know that they are special and have the ability to make a difference in their own lives and the lives of those around them. With this conviction, one’s view of the world is forever changed, and they are able to discover purpose in their life.
To try and limit this Unsung Hero to a single person would deny credit to the millions of people who strive to make a difference every single day. Most successful people can distinctly remember who this Hero was in their life, and each would agree that without that single individual who took interest in their life it would be radically different, and not for the better. Perhaps it even was a combination of these Unsung Heroes that were at work in their life. Everyone strives to emulate these heroes because they set such an example that one wants to follow in their footsteps. The Unsung Hero may never be known but his impact on others creates a world in which people know the power they possess and realize they have worth, prompting them to make a difference.