Unsung Hero: More than Just a Mother

Lindsey17
When I was little, my favorite game was playing house with my sisters. I would always want to be the mom and carry around my baby doll. Back then, I thought all a mother had to do was the basics of taking care of a child. It wasn’t until I grew up that I realized all the responsibilities that come with being an actual mother. Many people only think of my mother as the one who makes me do my homework and drives me to my commitments. Little do they know that is only the surface of the work she does. With playing 3 sports and making time to be with friends, my mother ensures that I have what I need for my activities, am prepared for them, and that I have a ride to get to and from them. No matter what sport it is, I know that my mother will be there in the stands cheering me on. Along with my activities, my mother also stays involved with my school, being a booster club member and active in my academics. She works the concession stands at the games and has never missed a back to school night. Not only does she take care of me, but she also works full time running her own property management business and as a real estate agent. With such a busy schedule, I have always admired that she has always made spending time with me a priority. Whether it is watching an episode of our favorite television show or playing a round of bananagrams, she always makes time at the end of the day to hear about my day and stay updated on my fast paced life. My mother is dedicated, kind, smart, and caring. Although I may not always thank her for what she does and people may not realize all that she has to do, she doesn’t do it for the recognition; she does it because she’s not just a mother, she’s a hero.