Unsung Hero: My A+ Parents

Z Forever
Unsung Hero: My A+ Parents

To many students, teachers are a pain in the butt; they load us up with homework, yell at us for talking too much, and they never seem to get it. We complain about our work load, and as soon as the teachers are out of earshot, we trash them to our friends. We treat our teachers as if their sole purpose in life is to satisfy our needs, without truly thinking of them as people. But that’s not true. Teachers are indeed important people, and we students owe our teachers much more than we would like to admit. They are the unsung heroes of our everyday lives, and my parents are two such heroes.
I live in a small house filled with pets, my sister, and my two mothers. It is a little crowded with all the animals, but it is home to me and I love it there. Weekdays are rather chaotic for us, as all four of us have to be at school. My parents are always at school a little early so that they have time to go over their plans for the day. Then their students come in, and they spend the whole day working to help students learn and understand new things. Make no mistake, it is not an easy job, and the students more often than not make my parents’ jobs much more difficult and stressful than it should be. But they stay at it – everyday they come in and wear themselves out trying to teach and support kids who, in most cases, don’t appreciate the huge favor their teachers are doing them. And then, when the last bell rings and the students rush for the doors, my parents stay in their classrooms grading papers, making plans, and trying to figure out new ways to help their students.
Finally they come home, not to the quiet, peaceful evening they earned, but to a loud house full of pets, responsibilities, and two moody teenage girls. Do you think they really want to handle all this? Probably not. But once again, they stay at it – they feed the pets, make lunches for tomorrow and dinner for tonight, take care of things the house needs, and still manage to be there to hear about teenage drama and to give suggestions and advice to try and help us. Finally, when the house has settled into quiet, my parents can relax and go to sleep until sounds of their alarm clocks wake them to start anew.
Do my parents get any recognition for all that they do? A little; my sister and I try to let them know how much we truly are thankful for all that they do. But as a whole my parents are really the unsung heroes of so many people’s lives; not only their children’s lives, but also the hundreds of other children who have benefitted from my parents’ patience and care.