Unsung Hero: A Father that Deserves the Light

Alexis_loves_writing
They cook for you, they clean for you, and they make you feel better when you’re sad. You know who I’m talking about. Your parents. Some of us, unfortunately, only have one, or even none. My mother is not in my life, therefore I only have my dad, to which I’m so fortunate to have. Fathers are so special to have; they can be overprotective, they can be over joyous in your little moments, and they can fight for you, even when you think they’re going to walk away. We've gone through so much, he works harder than I've ever seen anyone work. It’s his time to get what he so rightfully deserves, an appraisal.

Fathers have some kind of instinct, they can be very protective, maybe overprotective even. Fathers like to see they’re little girls grow up, but don’t like all the changes that come with it, and eventually he knows that she’s going to leave, which he’s a little scared of. First thing, he’s holding her in his arms, singing, and she smiles up at him with the cutest most innocent smile. Next thing you know, she’s starting her first day of school. Then, she gets her first boyfriend, he doesn't like that. He’s watching his little girl become a woman. He’s not ready for that. She gets grounded, can’t go anywhere, and feels like her life is over. Then her father comes in and has one of those “famous talks”, she’ll always remember them.

With every little event that she experiences, he’s right along beside her, every step of the way. Her first softball game, he yells loudly, “There you go baby!” He’s so proud of her. Now she’s playing piano, he makes fun of her at first, but now he’s starting to be happy for her. “You’re going to be the next Mozart,” he says. Dad gets a new gun, with things going the way they are in society, he wants to be protected and ready. His little girl asks to shoot it, he gets really excited and is with her every step of the way, teaching her this, telling her what to do and what not to do. He just loves spending time with her.

My father and I have been through so much together. When I thought he was going to walk away, he stayed, and reassured to me that he still loves me and he always will. He found out I was self-harming, and that I tried to commit suicide. He was so overwhelmed with emotions, he didn't know what to do or think. But he helped me through it. Because he loves me.

In conclusion, my father is the most caring, loving, and coolest guy I've ever met. He can be overprotective, he can be over joyous in my little moments, and he fights for me. I wouldn't change him for the world. He is my unsung hero.