STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Unsung Hero: A Father that Deserves the Light

Alexis_loves_writing
They cook for you, they clean for you, and they make you feel better when you’re sad. You know who I’m talking about. Your parents. Some of us, unfortunately, only have one, or even none. My mother is not in my life, therefore I only have my dad, to which I’m so fortunate to have. Fathers are so special to have; they can be overprotective, they can be over joyous in your little moments, and they can fight for you, even when you think they’re going to walk away. We've gone through so much, he works harder than I've ever seen anyone work. It’s his time to get what he so rightfully deserves, an appraisal.

Fathers have some kind of instinct, they can be very protective, maybe overprotective even. Fathers like to see they’re little girls grow up, but don’t like all the changes that come with it, and eventually he knows that she’s going to leave, which he’s a little scared of. First thing, he’s holding her in his arms, singing, and she smiles up at him with the cutest most innocent smile. Next thing you know, she’s starting her first day of school. Then, she gets her first boyfriend, he doesn't like that. He’s watching his little girl become a woman. He’s not ready for that. She gets grounded, can’t go anywhere, and feels like her life is over. Then her father comes in and has one of those “famous talks”, she’ll always remember them.

With every little event that she experiences, he’s right along beside her, every step of the way. Her first softball game, he yells loudly, “There you go baby!” He’s so proud of her. Now she’s playing piano, he makes fun of her at first, but now he’s starting to be happy for her. “You’re going to be the next Mozart,” he says. Dad gets a new gun, with things going the way they are in society, he wants to be protected and ready. His little girl asks to shoot it, he gets really excited and is with her every step of the way, teaching her this, telling her what to do and what not to do. He just loves spending time with her.

My father and I have been through so much together. When I thought he was going to walk away, he stayed, and reassured to me that he still loves me and he always will. He found out I was self-harming, and that I tried to commit suicide. He was so overwhelmed with emotions, he didn't know what to do or think. But he helped me through it. Because he loves me.

In conclusion, my father is the most caring, loving, and coolest guy I've ever met. He can be overprotective, he can be over joyous in my little moments, and he fights for me. I wouldn't change him for the world. He is my unsung hero.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy