Unsung Hero

Edayton17
A hero is someone, who is celebrated as an important asset to society, someone who can or did make a real difference. The problem is that there are so many acts of courage and kindness that not all hero's actions are given the congratulations and appreciation that they deserve. My hero is my best friend.
It was my first year of middle school. I never fit in, when I was in elementary school. I was bullied pretty bad in fact. You may as well have called a social outcast. I had no self esteem. I was depressed and I felt like I was nobody. I wanted middle school to be my fresh start.
It was the last period computer class. I remember the teacher telling us that we could choose our own seats. "I'm going to have to sit alone." I thought to myself. A girl came over and asked if she could sit next to me. I of course said yes, but I also had a ton of thoughts going through my head. I had no idea what her motives were.
Each day at the last five minutes of class, we would have a conversation about exactly how many seconds were left in the day. That's how we became friends.
It wasn't until halfway through seventh grade that I realized how similar our situations were. She always had a smile on her face, yet she had problems too. She was bullied too. The person who bullied her lived across the street from her and he went to school with us, so there was no escape for her. It was like he was lurking around every corner.
She never complained. She never wanted people's pity. She never even mentioned it, because she was always worried that she would burden other people.
Even though she wouldn't tell you about her problems, she was always the first to listen to everyone else's and help find a solution.
My best friend is the most selfless and loving person I know. She gave me my self esteem person. She helped me discover who I am. If it wasn't for her, I would probably be in a dark place. I would never be happy. She brings out the best in me. She has given so much up for me and I don't think she realizes how thankful I am to have her.
My Best friend is my definition of a hero. She may not have saved the world, but she saved me from despair. She never expected anything in return. She is an unsung hero, but she is the kind of person who needs to be sung about. If more people were like her, the world would be a better place.