STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Unsung Hero: The Father that is Always There

ogarcia3
Martin Garcia, who is my loving father is very dedicated to his job. His job is making parts of an airplane. One amazing thing about him is that he does so much for his job that he is know his by bosses and the workers; he never settles for the minimum. My dad receives a lot of recognition in his job. He does more than his position is. In his job, his bosses appreciate my dad’s work, he has done for his job because he saves them a lot of money (i.e. he does work for three people and his own), and material. His bosses fear that my dad will
leave. His bosses compliment him almost everyday, they say that they are happy that he works there because they say that they never had a worker like him. They have admitted to my dad they can’t do the job(s) that he does.
My dad can be very supportive, but sometimes he can be remarkably stubborn. When we go out as a family, my elder brother and oldest sister would want to help pay, but he would refuse to take the money. He likes that they want to cooperate, but they cannot make him take the money. Also, when he is trying to prove a point he won’t stop until he proves his point or states his opinion. Also, whenever my dad has a strong belief he really sticks to it. He doesn't allow anyone to manipulate his thought; he argues his point of view.
My dad is very social and funny. When it comes to gathering and going out with our family, he is telling us a lot of jokes and pulling pranks. When we go out he likes to talk and being involved and share his perspectives, he likes to be involved in cleaning the community. People have the privilege to meet my dad would be able know when he fools around; he even starts to fool around with the adults. My dad can distinguish time between being funny and being sophisticated. Whenever I feel upset he knows the way to cheer me up and make me start smiling again. When it gets to the time for the holidays he knows how to share stories and how to make everyone start talking and laughing.
My dad is very dedicated and has very detailed goals. He is serious in his job and works hard. My dad loves what he does that he has a goal to open his own company. He also wants to open his own company because he strongly believes that it would impact the way we live and it would offer more opportunities toward us, his children, in school and when we want to work. He also wants to prove to us that by working hard and being dedicated we can accomplish a lot of things. My dad likes to learn, so whenever he doesn't know something he does finds the opportunity to go and take a class and learn. When my dad was younger, when he still lives in Mexico, my dad was a lawyer, so when he would see the news and it has to do with politics he always explains to us.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy