Unsung Hero: The Institution Revolutionist

snizmarkovitz
When enough becomes enough, it will indicate our failure. “Our” being society at a general consensus and “failure” being the way in which we have collectively sealed a fateful downfall for the future.

Although, as a junior in high school, I had no say in the process which determined the molding of personalities and persons, I will, nevertheless, be affected by this decision. My children will be affected, along with yours. Their children will be affected, along with ours. If not for an unsung hero, who is neither identified nor limited to one specific entity, we will loose whole populations to a fatal mistake that almost all of us are making with young adults and children.
This futuristic unsung hero will take what we put into words, and morph it into an action with enough significance to change today for a better tomorrow. To ensure that tomorrow will exist.

High school. Slumping bodies, crouching over ripped pages and sharpened tips. Being forced to regenerate creativity, compete against counterparts, excel beyond physical and mental capabilities. Everything with a goal of succeeding at the next step. Increasing chances to win and achieve and compete and win and win and win.

My generation is being raised to become a population of anxious, overwhelmed, and subjugated pieces of mass. People who follow trends, and do not dare to think outside of where others’ expectations lie.
My generation is reduced to college acceptances, test grades, and popularity rankings. In my generation, adults criticize us for seeking out approval via media, while they fail to validate us as people; as independent, unique individuals. As sons and daughters, instead of bragging rights, or sources of disappointment.

The unsung hero is he or she who has done more than having spoken out. Who has done more than silently reject the system in which we are forcefully becoming more and more attached to. Although they are rare, there are plenty of unsung heroes. Those who commend their child or friend for reaching a moral stability, for making a righteous decision, and for doing something extraordinary, even if it contradicts with their study path.

The unsung hero is the person who breaks away from the Path of Expectation. The person who dares to reach beyond a high percentile. The person who takes time to internalize life and philosophy far past four confined class room walls.

The true unsung hero, is the person that will liberate the generations who will be limited to a winning mentality. Who will create opportunities in which we can mold a different type of person. One who is adequately prepared to make choices which benefit others, and not just themselves.
Until those who fit the description of an unsung hero rise up and magnify the problem that we are gradually creating, we are all at fault. We are the villains for Humanity and Individuality.