STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Unsung Hero: The Institution Revolutionist

snizmarkovitz
When enough becomes enough, it will indicate our failure. “Our” being society at a general consensus and “failure” being the way in which we have collectively sealed a fateful downfall for the future.

Although, as a junior in high school, I had no say in the process which determined the molding of personalities and persons, I will, nevertheless, be affected by this decision. My children will be affected, along with yours. Their children will be affected, along with ours. If not for an unsung hero, who is neither identified nor limited to one specific entity, we will loose whole populations to a fatal mistake that almost all of us are making with young adults and children.
This futuristic unsung hero will take what we put into words, and morph it into an action with enough significance to change today for a better tomorrow. To ensure that tomorrow will exist.

High school. Slumping bodies, crouching over ripped pages and sharpened tips. Being forced to regenerate creativity, compete against counterparts, excel beyond physical and mental capabilities. Everything with a goal of succeeding at the next step. Increasing chances to win and achieve and compete and win and win and win.

My generation is being raised to become a population of anxious, overwhelmed, and subjugated pieces of mass. People who follow trends, and do not dare to think outside of where others’ expectations lie.
My generation is reduced to college acceptances, test grades, and popularity rankings. In my generation, adults criticize us for seeking out approval via media, while they fail to validate us as people; as independent, unique individuals. As sons and daughters, instead of bragging rights, or sources of disappointment.

The unsung hero is he or she who has done more than having spoken out. Who has done more than silently reject the system in which we are forcefully becoming more and more attached to. Although they are rare, there are plenty of unsung heroes. Those who commend their child or friend for reaching a moral stability, for making a righteous decision, and for doing something extraordinary, even if it contradicts with their study path.

The unsung hero is the person who breaks away from the Path of Expectation. The person who dares to reach beyond a high percentile. The person who takes time to internalize life and philosophy far past four confined class room walls.

The true unsung hero, is the person that will liberate the generations who will be limited to a winning mentality. Who will create opportunities in which we can mold a different type of person. One who is adequately prepared to make choices which benefit others, and not just themselves.
Until those who fit the description of an unsung hero rise up and magnify the problem that we are gradually creating, we are all at fault. We are the villains for Humanity and Individuality. 

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy