STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Unsung Hero: Irreplaceable parents

chris
Unsung hero:Irreplaceable parents
My unsung heroes would have to be my parents because they do much for me and my three brothers. Even if they argue with us at times, there main focus is to try and keep us all happy but just like every parent out there, they can't always do that. No matter what the situation is both my parents would do whatever it takes to keep my brothers and I safe and protect us. Although they both do a lot for us ”we usually don't see and notice all the things and sacrifices both of them make for us and because of that we take them for granted”. My brothers and I all don’t realize how much they do for us and at times we just ignore them or won’t follow their rules which would disappoint them. Sometimes they fight and argue at times it'll be a couple times a week it would go on to the point where they won't talk, but at the end of the day the do understand that we are all a family that no matter what life throws at them we all have to stay together.

My mom was going through some life struggles while she was growing up and she was spending most of her time at the hospital this was when I was about 3 or 4 years old. Even though she had to take these visits to the hospital she wouldn't really act like anything was wrong even when she was in pain so that my twin brother and I wouldn't worry about anything going on so she just managed to keep a smile on her face. I soon found out it was because she had cancer and although I didn't know much about it I knew people died from cancer so I worried a lot but wondered why she didn't but i'm pretty sure now that she did, she just didn't want my twin and I to worry about anything.

Growing up I could not have had asked for a better childhood, and it’s all thanks to my parents. My mom cooks for all of us almost every day,she makes these amazing ribs that everyone loves and eating dinner together just brings the family closer to each other. If theres a day she doesn't cook, she'll ask us after school what we want to eat and we would get what we wanted. Ever since I was a small boy, my mom did what she could to keep me, my twin brother, and two younger brothers in sports,even if that meant she had to drive to three different places all at the same time, and I'm grateful now that she sacrificed all her time for us because now my brothers and I were delighted to be in the high school varsity team during our freshmen year, all my brothers and I were also able to join a travel ball team and we were grateful to have had been able to travel different places to play against other teams and that was an amazing experience. Another reason why my mother is my unsung hero is because since my dad is the only one working while my mom is a housewife, she’s the only one having to deal and put up with four boys and that was alot but yet she was able to handle it.

My dad on the other hand is also so amazing I love him with all my heart. He does so much for our family and to always keep us united. Ever since I was just a baby my dad would always be able to keep me happy and smiling. Other than having serious talks with me when I got into trouble he wouldn't lay a hand on me because thats just not how he is he is a warm loving person. My dad grew up not being able to have the education he always wanted, but yet he worked his ass off and now he has his own demo. company and therefore I look up to him and I wish that one day I turn out to become not only a great guy like he is but also an amazing father and husband just like he is.

Justin Cronin, The Summer Guest ones said “Real courage is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. Doing the unpopular thing because it's what you believe, and the heck with everybody.”
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy