Unsung Hero: My Wonderwomen

susan.m
To me an unsung hero is someone who does great things, but receives little or no recognition. My mom’s life was not easy at all but fought through all her problems. She came to California when El Salvador was at war the war started in 1979 and ended at 1992. The war started due to conflict between the military-led government of El Salvador and the Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front. At the age of 16 she took the first job she could as a cook for a catering food truck.

While working she met my dad and since then got married and started a family. My mom has been my family’s unsung hero. She is my #1 supporter in anything I want to do. My mom encourages me to do better in school so I would be able to have a better job and income than she does. Our bond as strong as a rock it can never be broken.

She is my best friend and has been there for me. Although not many teens are not as close as to their mom as I am to mine. She gives me advice on how to deal with friends and can relate to me and tell me about her past experience. She is my shoulder to cry on and my shopping partner. She has told me about her past experience and how she would wake up at 5 am to deliver the goodies her parents had backed and would huddle all the chickens and roosters her parents had.

My mom is there for all of my family and makes me entire siblings laugh. Although I understand that I might not be the perfect daughter. I try my best to limit her problems. My mom has taught me to be outspoken, to always stay positive, to always keep my head up, to never depend on a man and make my own money. She is a strong, outspoken woman.