Unsung Hero

Kklein06
My idea of an unsung hero is not someone who fires guns to get the bad guy or climb ladders to save kittens from tree tops. My idea of an unsung hero is someone who goes out of their way to preform simple acts of kindness. I read a story today about a man who bought chick-fila for a homeless man and his dog on the street. The man’s wife had died and he had lost his home to the bank. He had been spit on, rejected, and most of his belongings were stolen. When the chick-fila buyer gave him the food, he looked the man up and down. He did not do drugs, he did not drink his money away. He was simply unlucky. He offered the homeless man a job at his construction sites. The homeless man worked harder than any other worker the man had ever seen, and when he earned his first paycheck, the man broke down into tears.
An unsung hero is not obvious. They do not wear capes or uniforms or carry a weapon. An unsung hero is someone on the street who decided to improve someone else’s life, if ever so slightly, just because they could. Not because they got paid or got something else out of it. Simply because another person needed help. You would never pick this person out of a crowd and it is better that way. An unsung hero does not require recognition for their achievement. It doesn't matter if they were not remembered by a hundred people. They were remembered by one, and to them, that is okay.