Unsung Hero: The Pen

SnaxAttack
In life, it involves everyone. Similar to life, there is writing. How do you write? Writing can begin with either an idea or factual thought. Some are more imaginative while others are more factual. I stand in neutrality. And when an imaginative thought comes or factual idea, one simply does the action of lifting a pen or pressing keys on the keyboard. With the sound of swishes and clicks, unknowingly by others, whispers more ideas and the story. The pen to me is my favored hero, besides my parents or brothers, because it grants the ability that anyone else can’t. The ability to be expressive without making a mess compared to arts like painting or cursing out the TV screen because I failed at playing a video game. The pen allows ideas to flow; and if we really think about it, an idea starts with a pen. Looking back through history of inventions, they all started off as an idea jotted down on paper that became reality. The pen tells fascinating stories everyday by just taking a look in a book. But the reason why I love the pen and classify it as my favorite hero is for the fact it saved me. Saved me by defeating the monster known as “Loneliness” and preventing suicide occurring on me.
The story begins on the day I was going to high school for the first time of my life. Which was a year ago. I was a junior and was going to high school in order to gain social interaction because for the past five years, I was home schooled. So let’s just say that I was a nervous wreck, as time ticked on by increasing that tension. Arriving at school and walking in, unknowingly being stalked by Loneliness, it went great for two months. Until around the last week of October when my mother’s father passed away. She was bawling her eyes out; similar to me, but not as much. So she and my father as well as little brother went to a funeral in Michigan for a week. Leaving only three people me, my older brother (Who worked all day until late at night), and the beast: “Loneliness”. During that week, I began to notice more signs of loneliness occurring on me as I sat in school. No one sat next to me or asked me to become their partner for certain activities. Even if I asked, they still responded with “No”. Going home every day increased that tension of loneliness in which resulted in me talking to myself. Not simple talk, but a full conversation. As I continuously keep eying a black, rugged, leather belt. Thinking about ending my life, until I seen. Around the corner of my eye, there it was. My hero the Pen lying there in its cup where I keep other writing utensils. Following a psychological professors idea I learned in classes as well as TV, I began to write my thoughts with man. Without realizing to become one of my favorite hobbies. When myparents came back, I showed what I have written with them worried about me. Ending up with me going to therapy to confirm I’m fine which only took around three to four weeks.
Telling this story always makes me tear up slightly because I always ask myself “What happens if the pen was not there”? I would have died and lost everyone I love around me because of feeling lonely. For this reasoning my hero is the Pen because of giving the idea to express ones thoughts and opinions. As well as an opportunity to be imaginative and creative. Because all ideas start off with a pen. For that reasoning “The Pen is Mightier than a Hero”!